by Drew Perkins, Director of TeachThought PD
This summer, TeachThought is excited to resume our fourth annual open-registration conference event, PBL Grow 23!
We started this event in 2017 to meet the increasing demand from individuals and groups around the world for an innovative, engaging, and powerful convergence of professional learning. We had to put it on hiatus due to Covid but we’re thrilled to build upon previous years with some new wrinkles and additions including a new and unique location.
We tend to think about education differently and our work with you during these three days will reflect that. Set in a remarkable space with unique keynotes your innovative and creative juices will be flowing as we take a deep dive into Project-Based Learning!
Here are just a few reasons why you should join us!
1. Push your thinking and refine your PBL teaching craft as we provide engaging opportunities for deeper learning while you build a project to implement in your classroom.
2. Learn how to shift to pulling, rather than pushing, learning authentically through project-based learning.
3. Take a deeper dive into Rich Inquiry through multiple inquiry exercises and activities that you can use in your classroom immediately.
4. Explore the false binary behind the question of PBL Or Direct/Explicit Instruction, What Works?
5. Learn from keynote speakers including, Kentucky Department of Education Chief Academic Officer, Micki Ray.
6. Meet and connect with interesting and like-minded professionals from around the world.
8. Wendell Berry’s (an inspiration for much of TeachThought’s work) farm and the Berry Center are only ~30 minutes outside of Louisville. The bookstore is small and the farm isn’t open to visitors, but you can wave vigorously as you drive by.
credit :Source link